Hem Skriv ut

PRESS RELEASE | FELIX RACING | MALMÖ (SWEDEN)
2013-02-18

Felix Rosenqvist stays on in Formula 3 for 2013

Felix Rosenqvist is set to remain on the international Formula 3 stage in 2013.

The 21-year-old Swede has signed a deal to compete in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship – which replaces Formula 3 Euro Series as the world’s leading arena of F3 racing ahead of the up-coming campaign – and has extended his contract with Mercedes-Benz and German outfit Mücke Motorsport into a third consecutive year.

Rosenqvist finished in second place at the prestigious Macau Grand Prix in China in November, and won more races than any other driver during the second half of the 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series season.

"It feels great to finally be able to announce my plans for 2013, and to continue my association with the guys at Mücke Motorsport for another year," says Felix Rosenqvist. "It’s been a long winter with several flattering offers to consider, but at the end of the day, there is no doubt in my mind that this is the best option for my career. The FIA Formula 3 European Championship will ensure that all the best F3 teams and drivers race side-by-side in a united and strong series, and that is highly compelling to me. The competition will be even tougher than previously, but – on the back of our results at the end of last year – my sole target has got to be to win as many races as possible; and I’m here to fight for the title."

The FIA Formula 3 European Championship is sanctioned by motorsport governing body the FIA and has been designed to create a more clear-cut structure of F3 racing, uniting all the leading teams across Europe under one roof to guarantee large and competitive grids at each championship event. Rosenqvist will form part of a four-car line-up at Mücke Motorsport, alongside Israel’s Roy Nissany, Australian Mitchell Gilbert and 2012 team-mate Pascal Wehrlein from Germany.

"We are really looking forward to continue our successful relationship with Felix for a third straight year," says Mücke Motorsport team principal Peter Mücke. "Felix is exceptionally fast and fits in perfectly with the team on a human level, and he is definitely one of the favourites for the FIA Formula 3 European Championship title. We now have an ideal package in place for the new season, and I’m convinced that our four drivers will complement each other and drive the team forwards."

The 2013 FIA Formula 3 European Championship features ten rounds in six different countries, with the curtain-raiser set to take place at Monza, Italy, on March 23-24. Pre-season testing will commence at Spain’s Circuit de Catalunya on March 8-9. 

ENDS

Links

FIA Formula 3 European Championship: www.fiaf3europe.com
Mücke Motorsport: www.muecke-motorsport.de

Download Press Release as a pdf




Denna webbplats hanteras av webbpubliceringssystemet Bluerange Easy. Läs gärna mer och testa själv på www.bluerange.se/easy
Uppåt